What constitutes a patient showing in the day sheet as "new patients"?
Looking in the day sheet, there is a section for "New patients" which has numbers displayed in different columns to the right for "current," "month-to-date," "year-to-date," and "previous month." Our practice has been adding in patients constantly but the numbers reflected in here appear to be lower than my expectations.
For example, we have entered in four new patients today, but the number in Current show zero and month to day shows three. Can someone explain how this number is calculated?
There is not currently a way to search for everybody who has had a specific procedure done.
I have seen a quick preview of the custom reports and there will be a lot of information that can be searched through and reported. This should be included with the custom reports, but I did not have access to look through the options.
@ Dr. Cohen, this might answer your question:
How do I list patients who have had a particular procedure?
- After logging into Dentrix Ascend go to Home/Custom Reporting.
- Choose Analysis - Ledger Report Builder from the drop down menu.
- Double-click on Procedure/Code in the list of fields. This will show all procedures that have been completed according to the ledger.
- Right-click on the procedure you wish and choose Keep Only... This will limit the report to ledger entries with that procedure.
- Double-click on Patient field. This will display all patients for that procedure code.
In Custom Reporting we now have a report called, "Analysis - New Patients Seen". This report is also based on the First Visit Date (when a procedure is first posted for a patient). The nice thing about Custom Reports is we can easily expand the date range or drill down and actually see information about each visit so someone can feel more confident in the summary. Give it a try -- I'd love to get feedback on the Custom Reporting feature.
I'll also ask for a test to validate the New Patient Count in Day Sheet since the comments indicate a concern that the Day Sheet number is inaccurate.
Please sign in to leave a comment.