The Dentrix Ascend development team is working on a resolution to an issue affecting a small number of patient payments processed using our online payment feature. These payments are showing twice in the Ledger.
What we know about this issue:
- The issue is affecting a small number of patient payments processed using our online payment feature.
- It affects only a small percentage of online payments (not ALL online payments).
- It does not occur with other forms of patient payments.
- We know of duplicate payments that appeared as early as June 1, 2022. We are working to confirm the earliest date.
- You can detect duplicate entries because the transaction ID is the same for both entries.
- Although duplicates appear, patients are being correctly charged only once.
- It is best to NOT delete or void duplicate Ledger entries.
- Deleting may cause the patient’s correct payment to be voided.
- The Dentrix Ascend development team is working on two solutions:
- Correct the cause of the duplicate entries.
- Automate the removal of the duplicate entries. A routine is being prepared that will remove the duplicates. The team expects to have this in place prior to June end of month reporting
- To identify patients with duplicate transactions, we recommend running the Integrated Payments Report https://support.dentrixascend.com/hc/en-us/articles/360063400533 with a beginning date range of June 1st. (If we find that this started sooner, we will provide a new date here.)
- It should not be necessary to post offsetting charges. However, if your organization has already done so, the Dentrix Ascend development team will take that into consideration when removing duplicates.
For any questions or concerns, please reach out to Ascend support at 855.232.9493 option 2.