The Dentrix Ascend development team is working on a resolution to an issue affecting a small number of patient payments processed using our Ascend Pay online payment feature. These payments are showing twice in the Ledger.
- The issue is affecting a small number of patient payments processed using our Ascend Pay online payment feature.
- It affects only a small percentage of online payments (not ALL online payments).
- It does not occur with other forms of patient payments.
- You can detect duplicate entries because the transaction ID is the same for both entries.
- Although duplicates appear, patients are being correctly charged only once.
- It is best to NOT delete or void duplicate Ledger entries.
- Deleting or voiding may cause the patient’s correct payment to be voided.
- The Dentrix Ascend development team is working on two solutions:
- Correct the cause of the duplicate entries.
- Automate the posting of credit adjustments to offset the duplicate entries or deleting the duplicate payment records without affecting the correctly posted payment. A routine is being prepared that will look to see if a charge adjustment has been posted for each duplicate. If not exists, it will post a charge adjustment for each duplicate. NOTE: You will be notified in advance when this script is ready. If you need the adjustment to be completed prior to that time, please follow the directions below to post the charge adjustment manually.
- To identify patients with duplicate transactions, we recommend running the Integrated Payments Report https://support.dentrixascend.com/hc/en-us/articles/360063400533 with a beginning date range of May1st.
If you have identified a duplicate payment from an Ascend Pay transaction, check your integrated payments report and compare to the Worldpay transaction report. If there are not matches you may need to enter an adjustment manually to account for the discrepancy.
Verify in your Settings > Ledger Options that your Credit Card Refund charge adjustment is configured to be a collection type (or another collection type charge adjustment).
Post a charge adjustment for the guarantor in the amount of the duplicate payment with a note that it is to account for a duplicate payment.
Apply the payment to that charge adjustment.
For additional directions on posting charge adjustments, watch this video or read this article.
For any questions or concerns, please reach out to Ascend support at 855.232.9493 option 2.
Article is closed for comments.