We’ve all heard the saying “work smarter, not harder.” The Favorites feature in ePrescribe is a great way to save you time when entering common prescriptions. For example, it’s common after dental surgery to prescribe an antibiotic and pain reliever. This is an ideal situation in which to use the Favorites feature.
- When you enter an electronic prescription for a patient, in Step 3, click the Save as Favorite icon:
Note: You must click the Save as Favorite icon before you click Save Prescription. If you do not, the prescription will not be saved to your favorites list.
When you click the Save as Favorites icon, the color changes from gold to black to indicate that the prescription has been saved as a favorite.
- Once you are done adding the prescription to your favorites, click Save Prescription. Then, continue to the Pending Medications listing where you have the option to edit, delete, change the pharmacy, or start a prior authorization for the prescription you just entered.
The next time you enter a new prescription for any patient, you will see the prescription in Step 1 under My Favorites. To use the favorite prescription, all you need to do is click the name of the prescription to move directly to Step 3 for this prescription and modify the prescription template as needed for the patient.
Note: When you modify the prescription for a patient, the changes do not save to the My Favorites settings for that prescription.
- Dentrix Ascend ePrescribe is an add-on service that is available for purchase separately from the Dentrix Ascend practice management program. If you want to purchase the ePrescribe add-on, contact a product specialist at 833-907-1747.
- To assign a dental assistant or hygienist as a proxy user, which allows them to enter electronic prescriptions for a dentist, read Assigning a Proxy User in ePrescribein the Dentrix Ascend blog.
- For information about purchasing, configuring, and using Dentrix Ascend ePrescribe, refer to the Dentrix Ascend ePrescribe Getting Started Guide.