Sometimes when you send an insurance claim that includes multiple procedures—for example, a crown and a crown build-up—the insurance company may pay for the crown build-up but not the actual crown until they receive more information. If the insurance company is waiting to pay for the actual crown, you should post the payment for the crown build up and not hold the payment until all the procedures are paid for. Dentrix Ascend makes it easy to post a payment to the paid procedure and leave the unpaid procedure as part of an outstanding claim.
- Open the patient’s ledger and click Payment (-) to open the Enter Payment window.
- Enter the insurance payment amount in the Amount field, and then select the payment method (check or electronic) from the Method
- In the Claim list, select the claim for which you received payment.
- Select the Additional payment(s) expected later from insurance check box. This is the key to telling Dentrix Ascend that you received a partial payment and that the claim still is open because you are waiting for an additional payment.
- Enter the payment amount in the Applied field of the correct procedure. Add any tags or notes as required by the workflow in your office, and then click Save to save the payment.
- When the additional payment arrives, enter it as a new payment so you can plainly see the payment history in the Ledger.
- For more information, see Posting insurance payments in the Dentrix Ascend Resource Center.
Article is closed for comments.