Dentrix Ascend has a feature designed to help treatment or insurance coordinators. You can select which procedures require a predetermination, and Dentrix Ascend will automatically prompt team members to create a predetermination claim when they add one of the selected procedures to a treatment plan case. Sending predetermination claims can help you avoid financial surprises when working with an insurance carrier.
Watch this video to learn how to set up predetermination reminders. (Duration: 4:31)
- When you set up predeterminations for an insurance plan, the entire organization will share the plan settings.
- WARNING: Loading the defaults replaces any work you have entered for the insurance carrier.
- The Replace with tool lets you copy in selections from any plan across all carriers, while the Distribute tool lets you copy out selections to plans within the same carrier.
- When you select Require predetermination for procedures over, and enter an amount, the amounts do appear in the Manage Predeterminations window.
- The warning banner goes away when all required predeterminations have been submitted.
- To learn more about predeterminations, read Creating predeterminations in the Dentrix Ascend Resource Center.