Patients will occasionally request a printed copy of their charges and payments, especially at tax time or when they need to reconcile a health saving account. Patients will need the practice name, address, and phone number to be included on the printout. There is no print function for the Ledger itself, but what you can do is print a statement that will provide the information the patient needs.
- With the patient selected, from the Patient menu, select Billing Statement. The Billing Statement dialog opens.
- In the Statement start date section, select Other. Type or use the calendar picker to set the date to the beginning of the time frame you want to use (for example, the beginning of the year).
- Because this statement is being used for information rather than billing, you may wish to modify or remove the statement message.
- You may also wish to deselect the credit card payment options and due date.
- When all the options are set, click Actions. Select Print, and then click Print. (Checking Add to Patient Connection is optional.)
- The statement opens as a PDF. Use the print icon and dialog box to send the statement to your printer.
- The alternative to printing a statement is to highlight the portion of the ledger that you want to print, right-click, select Copy, and then paste the data into a program like Microsoft Word or Excel.