In states where electronic prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) is required, Dentrix Ascend ePrescribe enables providers to comply with the requirement. Beyond compliance, however, providers can save their patients time and make filling any prescription easier by sending prescriptions directly to the patient’s preferred pharmacy. ePrescribe eliminates issues that can arise with handwritten prescriptions. It automatically checks for drug-to-drug interactions and adverse effects from a prescribed drug and dosage, and it provides a record of what is prescribed, which can reduce inappropriate dosing and potential abuse.
Watch this video to learn more about Dentrix Ascend ePrescribe. (Duration: 2:16)
- Dentrix Ascend ePrescribe is an add-on service that you must purchase separately from the Dentrix Ascend practice management program. If you wish to purchase the ePrescribe add-on, contact a product specialist at 833-907-1747.
- Read this article for assistance with connecting to a prescription drug monitoring program (PDMP).
- Your device must meet the specifications as detailed in the System requirements.
- To assign a dental assistant or hygienist as a proxy user so they can enter electronic prescriptions for a dentist, read Assigning a Proxy User in ePrescribe in the Dentrix Ascend blog.
- For information about purchasing, configuring, and using Dentrix Ascend ePrescribe, refer to the Dentrix Ascend ePrescribe Getting Started Guide.