This month we are joined by our first special guest! Candice Proctor with Premier Dental of Ohio joins Jill to talk through all things insurance-related and share some valuable tips and suggestions.
Topics reviewed (and time reference)
- 3 minutes 50 seconds: Insurance / Fee Schedule / Coverage table set up
- 9 minutes 10 seconds: Avoid duplicate plans / Avoid paper claim payor ID
- 17 minutes 20 seconds: Efficient payment posting / In house benefit plan set up
- 30 minutes: eStatements and idea for online payments
- 34 minutes: Change primary and secondary coverage
- 36 minutes 20 seconds: In and Out of Network providers in one office
- 39 minutes 15 seconds: Specialist PPO fees
- 42 minutes 5 seconds: Non-covered fees
- 44 minutes 15 seconds: Insurance overpay - November 2021 Updated video: https://support.dentrixascend.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408839599635-Insurance-Overpayments-Workflow
- 48 minutes 20 seconds: Set up PPE code* and New Normal Covid-19 article
- 54 minutes: Ortho and Ortho in Ascend article
- 55 minutes 45 seconds: Medical billing (We do not submit medical claims, but here are best practices for using Ascend's patient record outside of the medical claim.)
- 59 minutes 40 seconds: Training promotion
*Please consult the laws and regulations in your state for guidance on charging for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other COVID-19 related costs and particularities. You should not rely upon the material or information provided by HS1 as a basis of making any decisions without the proper legal or other professional advice specific to your situation as needed.
Article is closed for comments.