Deleting images can help you when you’ve attached an image or an exam to the wrong patient. You can delete images to declutter the exam or series and prevent future confusion.
Watch this video to learn how to delete images. (Duration: 1:24)
- To delete images your user role must include the Delete Patient Images.
- Images will not delete if the selected exam or image is associated with one or more procedures that are locked due to an attachment on an insurance claim and/or transaction.
- The procedures associated with the images you delete will also be deleted or voided if they are older than 120 days.
- Each recorded exam must contain at least one image. Therefore, to delete an image from an exam that has only one image recorded, you must delete the exam.
- To learn more about deleting images, read Deleting Images in the Resource Center.