The two-way texting feature in Dentrix Ascend allows you to view, send and reply to text messages for primary patient contacts. At the beginning of the day, one of the first things you need to do is check your patient messages to see if a patient cancelled an appointment. This allows you time to fill the broken appointment time with another patient. Throughout the day, no matter where you are in Ascend, you can initiate a conversation with a patient by accessing a patient’s message history from the calendar appointment, the routing panel, or the patient information bar.
Watch this video to learn how to check text message responses. (Duration: 3:51)
- Dentrix Ascend sends “patient” communications to the primary contact rather than to the patient.
- The number in the dot represents the total number of unread messages. Note that this number goes down when any team member marks a message as read.
- To see the text message notification, your user role must have the Review inbox messages right.
- To learn more about the text messaging feature in Dentrix Ascend, read Two-way Text Messaging in this Community Post.
- To learn more about viewing text messages, read Viewing Text Messages in the Resource Center.
This feature is half-baked at best. Needs to be a way to reply or set up auto-reply. How do you like it when nobody ever responds to your texts?
Is there anyway to reset patient for text messaging after they opted out?
If the patient chooses to subscribe to text messages later, they can text "Start,” or if requested by the patient, you can select Yes as the patient’s text message preference; and the input message field reappears.
Please sign in to leave a comment.