The simplest and most inexpensive way to transmit your patients' billing statements is to send them electronically. With electronic statements, you send the statements directly to the patients' email addresses or mobile phone numbers. A hyperlink invites them to open a PDF of their statement, which they can open in a browser page and print or download at their convenience. However, you may not have electronic contact information for all of your patients; therefore, the workflow for sending electronic statements has two parts: one for the electronic statements, and the other for sending paper statements to those unable to receive an eStatement.
Watch this video to learn how to send electronic statements. (Duration: 1:36)
- Only guarantors receive statements, whether they are patients or not.
- Not shown in the video, guarantors are required to log in using the patient's first name, last name, and date of birth in order to view the eStatement.
- The eStatement link expires after four weeks.
- Online payment is not yet an option with Dentrix Ascend.
- To learn more about how to generate billing statements, read Generating billing statements in the Resource Center.