If your dental group practice wants standard clinical note templates to be used in all offices, there is a way to make sure those templates are available to all team members.
- Log in to the location with the required templates, and select any patient. Don’t worry—you won’t be adding any information to this patient’s record; this is just to get access to the Clinical Notes button menu.
- Go to the patient’s Chart. Click the Clinical Notes dropdown, and select Add Clinical Note.
- In the Add Clinical Note dialog box, locate the templates (standard and custom) under the Templates
- For each required template, click the gray star to turn it yellow and make it a favorite.
- When you are done selecting templates, click Cancel to exit the dialog box. After this, no matter which location you log in to, your favorites list will follow you. You will find your templates in the Favorites section of the Templates
- The favorites selection process must be performed by each provider. If the templates are in a practice location not normally accessed by that provider, he or she will have to temporarily be granted access to that location by an admin.
- To standardize template usage, all providers must be taught to select their templates from the Favorites
- To keep the favorites list manageable, it should include only the few most common templates.
- To learn more, read Adding clinical note templates to the list of favorites.