MEDICAID OF CALIFORNIA/DENTI-CAL (PAYER ID 94146) DENTAL CONNECT PORTAL GUIDE
Dentrix Ascend offices located in California wishing to send electronic dental claims to Medicaid of CA/Denti-Cal (Payer ID 94146) will need to obtain their claim status reports through the Dental Connect Portal (co-branded with our vendor partner Change Healthcare).
In order to send claims electronically to this payer you must first be approved by Medicaid of CA/Denti-Cal to send them through a clearinghouse. You will obtain one shared login for all locations that are part of the same organization (for a multi-site) or TIN (which may be shared by individual single location organizations). There are no reports on a location level.
Please visit https://www.dentrix.com/products/eservices/eclaims/payor-search to submit an enrollment request form. Search for Payor ID 94146 and then click the icon under the Special Enrollment section to open the Submit a Payor dialog box. Fill out the form with your information and click Submit.
HS One will forward the appropriate data on to the Payer for final approval and communication to the provider for additional requirements.
To obtain a Dental Connect Portal account, existing customers should contact our support team at 855-232-9493. For new Ascend customers, your Implementation Rep will obtain the required data for the Portal set up.
- You will receive a Welcome email to log in to the Dental Connect Portal https://dental.changehealthcare.com/DPS/SecureLogin.aspx with your username within 24 hours.
- You will receive a separate email with a temporary password for your first login (note the password is only good for 24 hours).
- You will be required to complete the Security Questions Select three security questions from the fields provided and enter the answer to each in its corresponding space.
Setting up security questions not only protects your PHI but also allows for you to manage your Dental Connect Portal. NOTE: There is only one account provided per Tax ID Number (TIN). The payer only delivers based on TIN. There is no integration with Ascend to match by claim submission.
- The Home page allows for several functions: Obtain your Denti-Cal claim reports, Manage Tax IDs, Manage Practice Setup, Edit Account Contact Info, & Update Your Profile.
- Before you will be able to search for your Denti-Cal Claim Reports, you will need to add your Billing NPIs.
- Go to Administration and select Manage Practice Setup.
- Select Add Tax ID-NPI and add your Billing NPIs. You will need to complete this step for all your Billing TIN/ NPIs.
You are now ready to start viewing your reports.
- Go to the Home Page and select Reports from the Services box.
- Select TIN (you will need to execute this step for each of your billing TINs).
- Select your Start and End Date for the period you need (note you can only pull from the last 365 days).
- Select the Dentical Reports link further down the Reports page.
If there are Denti-Cal claim reports for the selected time range, they will populate as the below example:
- Select View in the Report column to open a specific report.
If you need additional assistance or have questions, please feel free to contact our support team at Support@dentrixascend.com or call us at 855-232-9493.