Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which payers can I get automated eligibility responses from?
We support 130+ carriers you can see the list here:
2. When does Dentrix Ascend complete the auto-verify?
The automated process runs 4 days prior to the appointment. You can also complete an on-demand eligibility request at any time using the "auto-verify" link
3. Can we change when the automated batch process runs?
No. We chose 4 days based on a great deal of customer feedback and research. You can complete a real time eligibility check at any time. If you'd like to be able to change the time of the automated batch process, please Request a feature
4. How much detail does the eligibility response provide?
It really depends on the payer. Metlife, Aetna, Cigna provide a lot of details. Generally, medicaid only provides a yes or no status.
5. How can I request a new carrier be added to for Ascend automated eligibility?
Request a feature and include the insurance carrier name
6. Does Dentrix Ascend save the eligibility details into the Document Manager?
Yes, this is done automatically for you.
7. Is there an additional charge for this eligibility feature in Ascend?
No, automated eligibility is included with your Dentrix Ascend subscription.
8. Can we request eligibility status on demand?
Yes, click on Schedule, and Patient Eligibility. Then locate the "auto verify" link on the right side of the screen. Clicking this will complete a real time, on demand eligibility verification.
Please sign in to leave a comment.