In the ever-changing world of dental insurance, keeping track of patient insurance can be a full-time job. It’s made even more complicated if you’re a member of a dental PPO in an area with multiple providers. Because insurance payments make up a large volume of practice income it’s easy to see why it’s important to stay on top of patient eligibility. Fortunately, Dentrix Ascend makes it easy to verify insurance eligibility in just a few clicks.
Watch this video to learn how to verify Insurance Eligibility. (Duration: 2:20)
- If the eligibility was automatically verified there will not be a date.
- Marking one patient in the family Eligible does not automatically make the other family members Eligible as each patient has their own status, just like they have their own benefit amount.
- It is important to look at the date to see when the plan was marked eligible. If the plan is over a year old, it may be time to verify it again.
- If a patient has two appointments with different providers, you do not have to verify each appointment; when you mark one, they both move to the Eligible category.
- If you are in the Schedule when you select Insurance Eligibility, by default the Insurance Eligibility page brings up the patients for the day that you were on in the schedule, not today.
- Patients will be in the Unable to Verify tab if they scheduled after the four-day look ahead.
Article is closed for comments.