In the ever-changing world of dental insurance, keeping track of patient insurance can be a full-time job. It’s made even more complicated if you’re a member of a dental PPO in an area with multiple providers. Because insurance payments make up a large volume of practice income it’s easy to see why it’s important to stay on top of patient eligibility. Fortunately, Dentrix Ascend makes it easy to verify insurance eligibility in just a few clicks.
Watch this video to learn how to verify Insurance Eligibility. (Duration: 1:57)
- A patient's appointment appears under Unable to Verify or Eligible section according to the eligibility status of the patient. If a patient does not have insurance, his or her appointment appears in the Ineligible section.
- Marking one patient in the family eligible does not automatically make the other family members eligible as each patient has their own status, just as they have their own benefit amount.
- If the eligibility verification date is over a year old, it may be time to verify it again.
- If a patient has two appointments with different providers, you do not have to check the box for each appointment; when you mark one, they both move to the Eligible category.
- If you are in the Calendar when you select Insurance Eligibility, the page brings up the patients for the day that you were on in the schedule, not today.