Patient notes help keep track of personal information about the patient that doesn’t belong in more specific areas. You might include information about hobbies, preferences, family situations, etc. Patient alerts are meant to notify you of circumstances concerning your patients where a lack of information can lead to awkward or unpleasant situations. Set up alerts to remind you of the most important information when you need to see it.
Watch this video to get an overview of the enhanced patient notes feature. (Duration: 2:44)
- Patient notes and alerts can be created by any member of your team.
- Each individual note is limited to 5,000 characters (hundreds of words).
- When you go to the Calendar page, notes appear only for the patient you select to edit in the appointment fly-out.
- When a note is long, only the first 150 characters (about three lines) display in the alert stack. To see the full note, hover over the alert.
- When you print a patient route slip it contains a maximum of 250 characters from the notes at the top of the Patient Notes table.
- To inactivate an alert, simply remove its page assignments. It will remain as a regular note.
- Medical alerts should NOT be entered as a patient note. Use the Medical Alerts tab for this purpose.
Please sign in to leave a comment.