Dentrix Ascend has excellent tools for handling insurance claims. One of these tools is the Unresolved Claims widget. At any given time, you can see how many claims and how much money is billed out to insurance and late getting paid. To be considered "unresolved", a claim must be over two weeks old, or have a status of rejected or unprocessable. This widget helps remind you when you have claims that need to be followed up on.
Watch this video to learn how to process unresolved claims. (Duration: 2:45)
- To understand what claim statuses mean, hover over the “more information” button next to the status of the selected located on the claim information area. The following table will appear:
- When following up with a carrier it’s a good idea to type in a note or status update documenting the phone call. Your user name will be attached to your status update.
- If a claim is rejected and you do not want to resubmit it, close out the claim by posting a zero payment to the claim in the patient’s ledger. This claim will no longer be considered unresolved and will not appear on your list.
- When adding attachments from the Document center, the clearinghouse will only accept JPEG files.
- The Unresolved Claims widget will only be visible to users that have a user role with insurance rights enabled.
- To learn more, read Processing unresolved claims in the knowledgebase.