It is vital for the health of a practice to follow up on unpaid accounts. When patients walk out of the office without paying their portion, statistics show that every day a balance sits on a patient account it becomes harder to collect. Unpaid balances show up in the Aged Receivables report.
Watch this video to learn how to view your Aged Receivable report. (Duration: 1:44)
- If you select all locations, you will only get the totals for each location without the patient detail.
- Along with balances, unapplied credits also display in this report.
- Click the Balance column header to sort the report by the account balance before printing.
- When you select the Print button the report generates in a new tab. If you don’t want to print the report you can just keep that tab open and reference it as you work in another open Ascend tab.
- You can copy (Ctrl+a, Ctrl+c) the Print page and then paste it into an Excel spreadsheet (Ctrl+v) to gain the ability to sort or filter the report. (Mac users, Command rather than Ctrl.)
- To learn more about aged receivables reports, read Viewing the Aged Receivables Report at the Resource Center.