Are you interested in Patient Forms but trying to figure out how you might be able to test this out first in your practice? (Duration: 7:19)
This video shares ideas for how you can accomplish the following:
- Test patient forms with a small group of patients to gather some feedback and see how they work
- Handle the fact that you may be asking certain questions on your health or dental history forms that are not included in our standard patient forms right now (Hint, you don't have to miss out on using this feature altogether or decide just to wait and see if your questions get added later.)
- Test patient forms with your team - and practice reviewing them in a staff meeting
- Recognize that you can choose which forms to activate and use - and how you can use this to your best benefit (It is not all or nothing - you choose!)
- Understand how patient forms will be delivered automatically through the patient communications feature - so you can decide when to do this in your practice
- Deliver your HIPAA forms digitally
Also, we develop our features in phases. This first phase of patient forms is meant to provide you the following benefits:
- Save you time printing and scanning paper forms
- Save you money on paper, printer ink for these forms (some of you may even have these professionally printed which could provide you an even larger savings!)
One challenge to getting started with using digital patient forms can be how to handle when patients already have paper forms scanned - and you don't want to resend digital forms. One recommendation is to customize the due date per patient, per form - here's a link for how to do this: https://support.dentrixascend.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022370114-Changing-the-due-dates-of-patient-forms
In future development, we will take the information entered by the patient and write back into the software so we can continue to make your life easier. In fact, that is why our demographics, insurance, health and dental history forms are not customizable - we have to be able to map these fields exactly back into the software for future development.
We created this video to allow you to take advantage of some savings in time and money now by testing out patient forms so you can become comfortable with how they work - and eventually allow this to be fully automated in your practice. Hope it's helpful for you!