You're responsible for every attachment required by each insurance carrier with whom your office does business. And part of your office routine is to review unsent claims and to attach correct documents, images, etc. to them, so your carrier acceptance rate will be as good as it can possibly be. To do this, you must know how to add attachments to insurance claims.
Watch this video to learn how to add an attachment to an insurance claim. (Duration: 2:04)
- The Add buttons will not function if the payer is not a supported carrier or if the carrier does not accept electronic attachments.
- You can include up to 10 attachments per claim.
- The maximum size of any attachment cannot exceed 2MB.
- All documentation from the Document Manager must be converted to JPEG images before you can attach them to insurance claims. It's more efficient to convert them to JPEG images before you begin the process of attaching documents to a claim.
- You can attach only one perio exam to any given claim; however, you can attach one perio exam to multiple claims.
- To learn more, read Adding attachments to claims in the knowledgebase.