You're responsible for every attachment required by each insurance carrier your office does business with. And part of your office routine is to review unsent claims and to attach correct documents, images, etc. to them, so your carrier acceptance rate will be as good as it can possibly be. To do this, you must know how to add attachments to insurance claims.
Watch this video to learn how to add an attachment to an insurance claim. (Duration: 2:14)
- The Add buttons will not function if the payer is not a supported carrier or if the carrier does not accept electronic attachments.
- You can attach only one perio exam to any given claim; however, you can attach one perio exam to multiple claims.
- When a secondary insurance claim needs an attachment, Dentrix Ascend reminds you to attach the EOB(s) from prior claims.
- To learn more about attachment reminders, read Understanding Attachment Reminders Part 1 in the Dentrix Ascend Blog.
- To learn more about adding attachments, read Adding attachments to claims in the Dentrix Ascend Resource Center.