Patients require x-rays for many different reasons. In most cases, it is part of their routine check-up; however, patients always have the ability to refuse having images taken. This makes assigning x-rays to an appointment potentially inaccurate. Dentrix Ascend solves this issue by giving providers the ability to charge out the images during the acquisition process.
Watch this video to learn how to acquire and post images in one quick process. (Duration: 2:45)
- The Acquisition Agent must be installed in order to acquire images. Contact Support if you need assistance.
- If you have not already accepted the diagnostic use policy, a dialog box appears the first time you open the Acquire Images page. To begin using the imaging features of Dentrix Ascend, you must select the I accept the above-mentioned policy check box, and then click Accept & Go to Imaging.
- The Acquisition sequence options depend on the procedure you select. For more information, see Acquiring Images in the Resource Center.
- By default, the Apply Charges and Bill to Insurance options are always selected. You must deselect them if you do not want to charge or create a claim for a procedure.
- Only providers who have access to the current location are available for selection. The patient’s primary provider is selected by default; otherwise, providers are listed alphabetically by Short Name.
- To add an imaging procedure to Favorites, click on the star next to the name of the procedure.