Sending Forms to Patients In-Office
There are two ways to provide forms to your patients with Dentrix Ascend:
- In bulk through automated appointment email and text message reminders. This helps get as many patients to complete forms before coming into your office as possible.
- On-demand to one patient at a time. This is designed for those patients that arrive and have not yet completed their forms.
Within these two options there are multiple channels (email, SMS text, and QR code) by which forms can be sent to either a patient device or to a device that the practice owns and provides to patients to use in-office.
Sending Forms in Bulk through Automated Appointment Reminders
In Dentrix Ascend click Settings > Patient Communications and the find the Appointment tab.
Look at your list of appointment reminder campaigns on the left column and look for one titled "Appt Confirmed". If you don't see one, click Create New, and Create a New Campaign. You'll need to create the reminder based on an "Appointment Confirmed Date". If you're unfamiliar with creating new campaigns you can learn how to do that here.
One you've activated your forms, you will see that Ascend automatically includes a green button on email appointment reminders linking to forms for individual patients. SMS text reminders will include links to complete forms for each patient.
Sending Forms On-demand to One Patient at a Time
Click an appointment on your Calendar and locate the forms button on the right side of the slide-out panel. If you see a red number (e.g. 6) this indicates how many forms are due for this patient that have not been completed. Click the Forms button.
OR go to the Patient Overview using the main menu navigation button. and locate the new Patient Forms Widget. Click Request Forms.
You'll see the screen below, which includes a few options. You can select Text Link to send an SMS text to the mobile number on file for that patient's primary contact. Or, if the patient prefers, you can choose Email Link to send an email to the address on file for that patient's Primary Contact. These emails and text messages will include a link for the patient to complete their forms.
Sending Forms to an Office-owned iPad or Tablet
If you'd prefer for patients to complete forms on an iPad or tablet that you own, or if the patient doesn't have a smart phone with them, you can use the QR scanner option.
Using an office-owned tablet or iPad go to https://bookit.dentrixascend.com/v1/view/kiosk/dashboard.html
Next, click the SCAN button, and hold the office tablet or iPad up to your screen and the site will read the QR code and automatically direct you to the forms for that specific patient.
At this point, hand the iPad or tablet to the patient, and they will be asked to sign in with their last name and date of birth. Once they've authenticated, they will be able to complete their forms on a practice device.
Some Things to Know about Patient Forms Phase One
Below are a few answers to frequently asked questions:
- The only QR scanner which is supported is found on https://bookit.dentrixascend.com/v1/view/kiosk/dashboard.html
- The QR code workflow is only expected to be in place for a couple of months. This will likely be replaced with an improved workflow allowing dental staff to push forms to a specific office owned device automatically without the need for the QR reader.
- Using https://bookit.dentrixascend.com/v1/view/kiosk/dashboard.html will register your device with Ascend and facilitate an easy transition from the QR reader to the feature to auto-push forms to practice owned devices in the future. Please use this site and do not use a third party QR reader or the QR reader built into your devices.
Please sign in to leave a comment.