Since the deposit slip does not include refunds and credit card voids - offices need to run an additional report to identify these financial transactions so that their dental software reports match the deposit ticket for the bank and the credit card machine totals.
To create this Payment Report Showing Refunds and CC Voids in power reporting:
- Start with the Financial tab - Collection Detail report
- Rows: Entry date (filter for today), Patient
- Columns: Subcategory (exclude all procedure codes categories such as perio, endo, etc.)
- Measures: Collection
Save and name this report: Payment Report Showing Refunds and CC Voids
Run this report each day along with your Daily Deposit Slip to show a match.
Next - How to apply a Refund
- Go to the ledger and click on Credit Adjustment
- Choose In-office Write off, enter the amount, apply to the patient, apply the entire amount
- This puts the adjustment right below the procedure in the ledger so it is easily identified
Next - How to apply a Credit Card Void
- Go to the ledger and find the credit card payment - click on it to open
- Change the applied amounts (far right) to $0 and save
- This will keep the payment - but not apply it to the procedures.
- Now, look at the unapplied credits box on the ledger (top left)- you will see this has an amount in blue. We have created an unapplied payment by editing this payment.
- Next, in the ledger, click on charge adjustment - choose the Credit Card Void type and enter the amount and save.
- This will automatically apply this adjustment to the credit card payment - these two are linked together since they are credit card related.
- Finally, click on the credit card payment in the ledger - now you can see that this includes the original payment with the $0 applied to each procedure code - and it also includes the CC void adjustment